Do you want to rank on page 1 of Google?
First Step: is about the on page optimization. Research Competition – Research Keywords – Keywords Placement – Set all Meta Tags.
Second Step: is the off page optimization. Research Quality and Relevant Links – Build Quality Links.
Without SEO Optimization, your chances of showing up on page one for competitive keywords is slim to none. Sure you may show up for lower competition words and the saying goes ‘zero traffic’ means ‘zero business’. So if those words aren’t being searched then you are getting zero traffic from them. What we do is follow Google’s suggestions for ranking pages of on page 1. Gone are the days of counting on massive back linking programs and stuffing pages with repetitive keywords. With WDT you are in good hands and we welcome you to the new age.
Googlebot starts to index in the top left corner and leave the page in the bottom right corner. Now this sounds easy but the way you set your tables and cells or your divisions will affect the direction a spider reads your text. The order you set your division is the direction search engine will read your text. If one doesn’t know the direction Googlebot will take, it can get very confusing trying to read what search engines have to read every time they index a webpage.
Writing text must flow as smooth as possible for search engines as well as for the viewers. Look at it this way. If a viewer reads your text and finds it to confusing, what will happen? When you build a website, think the same way for search engines.
Alternate tags is part of onpage optimization. They represent photos and graphics. As you might know, search engines do not see photos, or graphics, but they read text and they will read the text you write in the alternate tags. Now these words or sentence(s) you will write will affect the flow of your onpage text.
While keeping your viewers in mind, search engines is what ranks your website, therefore, you do not want to confuse them too much. The algorithm is smart and a problem reading a webpage might give you lower web search results.
Example, if you write:
- Website Design Toronto offers affordable and effective website services.
- Then for one reason or another you insert a photo of the CN Tower after the word affordable and before and effective.
- The alternate tag for that photo you have written “Toronto CN Tower” which is appropriate for the photo.
- To search engines, your sentence will now read, “Website Design Toronto offers affordable Toronto CN Tower and effective website services.
- Do you see how the alternate tag just changed the flow and the meaning of your sentence.
Not setting up your alternate tags will give you a code error and too many errors will give search engines a hard time to index your web page and that will not help your web search optimization process.
The spider simulator removes the “html” tags and gives you an inside look at how search engine view a page.
Lynx is a text only web browser that will give you a view of what spiders see when they visit a page. Lynx requires downloading and installation and is a little more complex to use.
- Choosing the right Domain Name (URL)
- Navigation Structure
- Control Keyword Density
- Title Tags
- Description Tags
- Keyword Tags
- Alternate Tag
- Header Tags
- Bold Text
- Underline Keywords
- Italic Keywords
- Insert keywords in the proper place throughout the text content.
- Web Page Validation
- Creating New Web Pages if needed
- Tracking Target Keywords
- One-Way Inbound Link
- Use the Proper Keyword Anchor Text for your Link (Very Important)
- Maintaining Links
- Research the Competition
- Page Rank Consideration of the Web Page you Link to
- Title Tag of the Page you Link to
- The age of the Web Page or Website
- URL Keyword Consideration
- What is the Partners Website About
- Keep Track of the amount of Inbound and Outbound Links
- Wrong choice for Domain Name (URL)?
- Clone Website
- Clone Text
- Nearly Identical Pages on your Site (Mirror Pages)
- Duplicate Meta Tags
- No Description Tags
- Link Farm
- Hidden Text and Links
- A Sudden Spike in Link Building
- Irrelevant Anchor Links
- Irrelevant Keywords
- Linking to Bad Sites
- Linking to other Sites you Own
- Code Errors (Web Page not Validated)
Search engine optimization is accomplished through time and that can take up to 12 months depending on how serious your competition is. If we are optimizing an existing website, the cost will vary greatly depending on how the website evaluation turns out. On the other hand, it’s easier to optimize and set up a website for optimization as we build it. Until we have a web design consultation or a site evaluation it’s nearly impossible to say how much does it cost to optimize a website.